Where is my train app : How it works

Where is my train

I am using this app since last six months. Really this app is very helpful due to two reasons.
First: You can get the train times in any station in India.
Second: Live update of current train status.

I have observed a few facts  regarding this app, that I am going to mention in this section. I was standing in Kalyani station, Westbengal, India and I opened the app to search for an upcoming down train towards Sealdah station. And I found the app was unable to tell the current location of the train I am looking for.  But the train arrived in it's scheduled time. So I was really curious about the working procedure of this app. After compilation of all the gathered  information from few blogs, I came to know the following facts.

This app has three ways (Cell network location, GPS and Internet) to update and track train's current  positions. Cell network location and GPS can only be used when some one is inside the train. And one can use internet from outside the train. If someone from inside the train uses the app and confirms his/her location through any of the three ways, then only the app updates according to this data from the inside  and shows to the other outsider passenger. Otherwise the app fetches the information from IRCTC. And this process is a much slower one.

General Information:
Compatible: Android and IOS
Supports: Eight Languages
Click to Install: Where is my train
Android review:


0 Reviews